Cura Tool Path Display Issue

anon4321

Posted · Cura Tool Path Display Issue

I have a problem with Cura "flaring" the layer view when the tool path is loaded. It renders the layer view somewhat unusable.

Before the tool path gets loaded,it looks fine:

Before Tool Path Load

When the tool path is rendered, it is flared out and overlaps itself smear out the actual path:

After Tool Path Load 1

Here is the behavior a little lower:

After Tool Path Load 2

I originally thought that the entire layer view was broken and was suspecting that I had a video driver problem. However, I just noticed that the display is fine before the tool path is loaded. I think this makes it less likely to be a driver problem but it could be driver problem as my video card is somewhat old and the driver hasn't been updated in a while.

Anyone else see this? Any suggestions on how to determine if it is Cura or the video driver?

I had this effect with several versions of Cura during last year. After installing a new versions the effect was often gone. I thought it was something video driver specific but I'm not sure at all.

I just upgraded from 14.09 to 15.01 on Debian/sid and am now having this same issue. A few of the layers display correctly but I can't find anything reason for the difference. I have gone through and completely removed and re-installed 15.01 but the problem persists.