Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
dirkdirk

Cura-Plugin request

Hi,

I 've noticed after prolonged testing that the surface of the print is a lot better if the fan is disabled. See this post: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5375-top-layers-not-touching-um2/page-19&do=findComment&comment=93213

Therefore, I am asking whether someone can write such a plugin. I know it works with tweak at z but only with input from layer- nr , fan speed , etc.

It would be simpler to say: Disable fan on the last layer. With a checkbox for activating or deactivating. (Like in the current version of retract while combing with first and last layer only)

I would write it myself but I have ( unfortunately) no knowledge about programming. :cry:

thank you

greets dirk

That would work only in that specific case. You probably want to do it for the top infill only and maybe not for the perimeter.

I think the m106 s0 or m107 must be added after ;TYPE:SKIN in the last Layer or?

I could introduce a behavior 'Apply to last layer only' in TweakAtZ...

This would also be helpful.