Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
dkaygee

Toolpath to SD Cura 15.01

I've just installed cura 15.01 on mac os x 10.10.2. I noticed the program recognizes the SD card but the icon that you would normally click to do a quick save to the SD doesn't do anything. Just wondering if it's just me. I can always use the save GCode function so it's not a huge deal. :-)

Do you see the saved path at the bottom of Cura like you normally see?

There was a change in this version that now save the gcode file in a sub-folder (on the sd card) if the stl file is under a given replication folder. That folder is defined in the preferences (File->Preferences->SD Card settings).

Do you see the saved path at the bottom of Cura like you normally see?

There was a change in this version that now save the gcode file in a sub-folder (on the sd card) if the stl file is under a given replication folder. That folder is defined in the preferences (File->Preferences->SD Card settings).

Nothing happened when I clicked the button. I did change the path to my SD card and that seemed to work. The path was pointing to my user folder. So the path is set to a single instance of one of my SD cards. I'll have to try to figure out what this 'replication' means I guess.

I'll have to check it out on mac. Maybe some bug on that side when the path is empty.

Basically the replication base folder is there so you can structure content (stl, obj files...) on your disk from that folder (and sub-folder). Whatever you bring in Cura from that folder or sub-folders will also be saved at the same place on the sd card.

Here is how it work: (windows path for the examples)

Base path set in preferences:

C:Userspm_dudeDocuments

I then load this file in cura:

C:Userspm_dudeDocumentsorders1234321case.stl

When saving on the sd card (E: in my case)the folders will be created and the .gcode file will be saved at:

E:orders1234321case.gcode

If the stl was coming from anywhere outside from the base folder the gcode will be saved like before directly on the E:

I just looked at it on my mac running version 10.9.3.

As a new user the property gets added properly and the default path is set to /Users/<username>/ and If I remove the path it will save like it used to do.

Did you guys use 15.01_RC10 or RC11 beta versions prior to using the 15.01 release?

I fixed mine by going into the preferences (File->Preferences->SD Card settings). and removing the file path completely so its blank, then it would save to SD card again...

This is the workaround for now. I'll investigate this tomorrow, and hopefully have a fix for it very soon.