Cura 15.01 starting print above bed level

robkiller

Posted · Cura 15.01 starting print above bed level

I have a Maker Gear M2. I just started using Cura 15.01.

At the beginning of my print the bed moves up and to the corner to set the limits this all works perfect. When is heads back to the center of the bed to start the print the z axis is not at the right height. The nozzle is to far from the bed.

I finally noticed that when in Cura looking at the layer heights view I am not even showing my model being printed until layer 8 of 750. 1-8 are not showing anything printed. I think this could be the issue. Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks

Something is wrong with your model then. Either walls too thin, or the part is not manifold. Something like that. If you look at it in xray mode is there any red? Red is a problem. Sometimes you can fix this with the "fix horrible" checkboxes in advanced settings. Sometimes you have to fix the model.

Please post a photo of the model in cura in normal view, and xray view and slice view.

Nope this appears to be a bug in Cura 15. Change back to the old version and it is fine. Mine was doing the same thing when i first got my printer friday and I thought it was defective. I releveled my bed about 8 times before I figured out it wasn't me.

If I use a raft it tries to print in the air (starts the main model at like layer 6 or 7). It seemed to only make the base of the raft in the area that needs support rather than under the entire model.

If I use supports at all it won't 't try to print any of my model on layer 1.

The nice thing is one I realized what was happening I can now check for it in the layer view prior to wasting filament and making a mess.