Building Marlin for UMO with direct drive, 2nd extruder and official HBK?

Posted · Building Marlin for UMO with direct drive, 2nd extruder and official HBK?

I just installed the official HBK and I have a Marlin quandary. I have corner mount direct drive, and I swapped the X axis from Ginge's Marlin Builder rather than switching motor pins. I also have a second extruder I am developing for cold paste. The Cura machine configuration wizard doesn't have an option to deal with my direct drive or my second sensor-less extruder, and for Ginge's Marlin Builder I'd need to know which heated bed temperature sensor to pick. Does anyone know what heated bed temperature sensor pick is baked into Cura?

Posted · Building Marlin for UMO with direct drive, 2nd extruder and official HBK?

// 20 is the PT100 circuit found in the Ultimainboard V2.x

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 20

Thank you, but damn, if I am reading the HTML source right, it looks like Ginge's builder UI does not have an option to set TEMP_SENSOR_BED to 20, assuming that the option values are directly used to populate the TEMP_SENSOR_BED #define before building, and not part of a look-up. The drop-down options are:

<option value="0">NO heated bed</option>

<option value="1">100k thermistor - Usually this one!(4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="-1">thermocouple with AD595</option>

<option value="-2">thermocouple with MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)</option>

<option value="2">200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="3">mendel-parts thermistor (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="4">10k thermistor !! do not use it for a hotend. It gives bad resolution at high temp. !!</option>

<option value="5">100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan) (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="6">100k EPCOS - Not as accurate as table 1 (created using a fluke thermocouple) (4.7k pullup </option>

<option value="7">100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01 (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="8">100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="9">100k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1 (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="10">100k RS thermistor 198-961 (4.7k pullup)</option>

<option value="60">100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermister</option>

<option value="51">100k thermistor - EPCOS (1k pullup)</option>

<option value="52">200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (1k pullup)</option>

<option value="55">100k thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan) (1k pullup)</option>

Can anyone think of a cheap-n-cheerful way around this?

Ah well, I'll build it myself. I did so a year or so ago on my old iMac where I had an Arduino development environment set up anyways. I'm on a new PC now that I have not yet brought up to full kit. I guess I'll fire up the iMac and see if it's all still there. Either that, or just switch the motor pins on X like so many do, and use the Cura wizard.

You can try this one: https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/

It is definitely not as extensive as Ginge's Marlin Builder, but it is current with 'official' UM firmware, and I think it might work for you want to do...

You can try this one: https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/

It is definitely not as extensive as Ginge's Marlin Builder, but it is current with 'official' UM firmware, and I think it might work for you want to do...

YES! It has everything I need, even custom settings for the second hot end temp sensor. I just used it, and the printer is now happily printing calibration objects on a hot bed. (I'll mess with the 2nd extruder later.) Thank you!

That's good. The source for Ginge's builder is getting quite out of date.