Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Where to get release logs of new RC/Beta versions?

The list of changes is usually incorporated when a stable release is published. For the changes incorporated into release candidates you will have to check the Github source. Afaik the idea behind that scheme is that people testing RCs should be able to get the information from the source commits. People who have troubles finding the information there are recommended to work with stable releases.

The list of chances is usually incorporated when a stable release is published. For the chances incorporated into release candidates you will have to check the Github source. Afaik the idea behind that scheme is that people testing RCs should be able to get the information from the source commits. People who have troubles finding the information there are recommended to work with stable releases.

Understood.. I have no idea where to get the "source commits".. But since I test software for a living, I always like to try out the RC versions just to see if I can find anything obvious.

But if I don't know whats changed, its very difficult for me to find any problems (other than obvious things which get broken).

Jon

Unless you're having an issue with the latest release, you shouldn't be using the RCs.

It's also quite a bit of work to keep release notes up to date on very RC. So that's why I collect the changes when I'm doing the final release.

Note that 15.02 will be a quick bugfix release to address some issues that showed up in 15.01