Thanks for great service

nick-s

Posted · Thanks for great service

Yes, opening up a UK office was a good step forward. I only wish they had a greater online presence, e.g. on these forums and with a proper website, so I could be sure of what they offer. (*)

(*) In fact I was emailed by UM-GB some time last year, but I was very busy at the time (and also didn't have any immediate need for any supplies), so I promptly forgot about it.

Hi DonMilne.

Yes I agree about the lack of a UK web presence. I came across them at the 3D show in London last year. They are putting a lot of effort into the Ultimaker CREATE education programme. They run the http://www.createeducation.co.uk web site and do a lot of school visits, talks and demonstrations.

I purchased my UM2 from them as well as hot end spare parts, an extra glass plate and ABS & PLA filament. They seem to try and stock what is shown on the main Ultimaker web site. Prices seem to be sterling equivalents to the Euro and carriage is a lot cheaper than from Holland. They should be on here more and promoting their services better.

While at their office I saw the new taller UM and the little GO, which really does look tiny compared to the UM2. But it seems perfect for taking to school demonstrations and is probably all they need within most schools. A good design move targeting this type of market.

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

We have been working hard within education on the www.createeducation.co.uk project and would welcome any ideas in this area too. We have lots of interesting projects within education on our blog.createeducation.co.uk site.

Further to this, we are soon to launch a sales, support and community website where we will have a much 'available' online presence beyond education in the UK and Ireland.

If you would like to contact us directly, please email us at enquiriesgb@ultimaker.com

Thanks again :)