Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
neotko

X Y shifting

X Y shift

X Y shift

X Y shift

Hi. After 6h print I got some shifting on X and Y. I'm not sure how tofix it.

Ofc I have read all the info about and seems that could be the little belts of the x y motor. The other 4 belts have good tension. How can I tight that little belts? Do I need to unscrew the motors in order to push them down?

Sorry but I got my UMO+ assembled so I don't know the little how-to-does.

Thanks!

I printed with 'Fast' settings on Cura and only edited the filament diameter (1.75mm and the shell thickness 1.2mm). At the hour 2 I changed the print speed to 125% from the ulticontroller.

(I selected 1.75mm filament cos I use that filament with other mods to support it and works fine)

Check the set screws on your pulleys, one of them is probably a bit loose. Go through and re-tighten all of them. You can figure out which one is slipping but it only takes five minutes to re-tighten them all so that's faster.

If you want to tighten the short belts then yes, you loosen the screws that hold the motor and then push it down and re-tighten. But that's not the problem in this case (circles not being round is a common sign of loose short belts).