Slipping on 1st layer and infill

3dnerd

Posted · Slipping on 1st layer and infill

Dear all,

I see that I have frequent slipping, that means I hear this tock, tock noise coming from the back of my UM2. Almost on 1st layer and infill, perimeter is OK.

I print white PLA from Innofil at 220 degrees (instead of standard 210 degrees).

But this higher temperature did not solve the problem.

The 1st layer prints very well, and the paths melt together nicely.

The only problem is the slipping.

Is this a real problem I have to take care? Or is some slipping here and then 'normal' and I don't have to take care?

Thanks...

Posted · Slipping on 1st layer and infill

If you are happy with quality of bottom layer I would ignore it. If you really want to fix it you have to adjust your leveling slightly and give the nozzle a tiny bit more gap. Maybe 1/4 turn on each of the 3 screws.

What is happening is the bottom layer is probably 0.3mm and you actually only have space for 0.15mm so there isn't always enough space for all the PLA to go and so the pressure builds up very high in the nozzle until eventually the feeder gives up and slips back a bit.

But it is better to print .3mm in .15mm space then the other way around (.3mm in .4mm space) as the other way around will give you bad adhesion to the glass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies