Alphabetical Stencil

Posted · Alphabetical Stencil

Are you looking for something like this, one of the two?

stencil1.png

Hi all, I need a template to print a stencil of specific letters. I do not want to print the letters themselves but a solid block where the letters are cut out. Please help

Sam

Posted · Alphabetical Stencil

The way I did it for pill boxes with initials incised deep in the lid.

I opened up Word, or any word processor. Set up the letters in a font I chose, really big, and took a screen shot.

I opened up a cad program, Draftsight, and put the image in as a guide. I drew around the outlines with a combination of lines, arcs, and optionally splines, making sure the path was closed. Saved as a Dwg or DXF.

Now I opened up a 3d modelling program, Freecad will do, imported the drawing and used it to cut an extruded shape.