Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
neotko

Marlin UMO+ Dual Extruders

Hi,

I have modified the marlin configuration.h

// This defines the number of extruders
#ifndef EXTRUDERS
#define EXTRUDERS 2 <-- was on 1, so I changed it to 2...
#endif

and also

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 20
#ifndef TEMP_SENSOR_1
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 20 <- was on 0 but I have a pt100)
#endif
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 20

But after uploading it I can't seem to be able to tune or check the temperature or move the second extruder. Where else I must edit to activate it?

(I have a 280W power supply connected to my UMO+ since the first day so I'll have enough power to use the dual extruder and bed).

The line that confuses me it's that 'ifndef tem_sensor 1'. If I remove the ifndef it fails to compile so that isn't the issue or is it?

Any kind soul can point me on the right direction? The info I find on google it's mostly from 2013 and the marlin it's different.

I have do that modifications. And Cura don't let me choose 2 extruders while adding a new machine but for umo not plus it gives the option. So I'm compiling and uploading the marlin with the changes above (using lastest firmware for umo+) but It don't works. What I'm I missing?

That's the think. I have compiled the umo+ firmwareon arduino (not my first time since I added led power control). But after doingthe changes I list nothing changes on the tune menu and I can't see or change the second extruder temps. It's that normal? Maybe dual only worka by gcodes?

That works, now I need to find the way to include the ledpower modifications on that and change the timeout so it's more than 15000 millisecs (too small for my :D). Now I see Nozzle2 on the temperature adjustments. Thanks a lot Amedee!

Weird, a month ago the default firmware didn't had the led control, superb.

The timeout, it's the delay it takes for the screen control to go back, I like to have more time while touching stuff so I don't have to go all the way into the click click. Anyway, it works so I'm very happy :D