Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
fergazz

Dremel acessories for pos production

You need to be careful with a Dremel as heat builds up very quickly and will melt the plastic. Personally I do not use one because my wife is a jeweller and so I have access to high quality(expensive) files. If you go down that route, you do not use a sawing action with the file, i.e. back and forth. You position the file and push, position and push etc.

That`s true, need to take care.

I tryed to fix some stuffs using a rough sandpaper that cames with my Dremel kit but its not working well even when I use the lower speed.

Actually Dremel is being usefull with color fabb bronze fill, just need to find another aplication to work with it.

it would be cool find a smooth sanding acessory or another thing that works well without leave a scar on a PLA model

Have a look at this article. It gives great tips on finishing methods, friction welding and filling with a Dremel like tool.

http://makezine.com/projects/make-34/skill-builder-finishing-and-post-processing-your-3d-printed-objects/

After reading this I went out and got my Dremel. It works great. Particularly like the trick on using "rivet" fixings and hinges.