Unable to connect

xye

Posted · Unable to connect

I just finished making my Reprap Prusa Mendel. It came supplied with an Arduino Mega and a RAMPS 1.4 board, I've loaded the Marlin firmware (ErikZalm-Marlin-538189c) to the Arduino, and loaded ReplicatorG Ultimaker Edition 0035 to my computer.

I've not connected any of the stepper motors or thermistors to the board, and I've used the standard 4 pin molex power connector from a computer power supply ( the 12v to the 11A and the 5v to the 5A, I'm not sure about the 5V thing)

My problem is when I try to connect to the board through RepG to the board but I get the error message:

[18] Wrong baud rate or faulty firmware detected.

[18] Please select the right machine Driver and try again.

I'm using the right COM port. I'm not sure what the Baud rate is set to or how to change it. I've tried re-downloading the firmware and re uploading to the Arduino but I still get the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Owen.

Yes my Machine is set to Ultimaker Sprinter/Marlin.

I looked at the Daid Marlin builder but there was so much I just didn't know what it did or how it should be set up.

Hi,

witch Baud rate do you set up in the firmware of the Arduino?

Could it be that there is 250K?

Then it gifs problem with the RapG, he can onli 119k (or so).

You must change the Baud in the Firmware bevor upload on Arduino.

Hi Owen.

Yes my Machine is set to Ultimaker Sprinter/Marlin.

I looked at the Daid Marlin builder but there was so much I just didn't know what it did or how it should be set up.

Hi Xye

Go to http://daid.eu/~daid/marlin_build/index.php

Change the Baud Rate to whatever suits, probably 115200

Check out the rest of the settings but they will probably be right (hover your mouse over the question marks for more info).

Click on the 'Build Marlin!' button down the bottom.

Up the top click on 'Windows install zip'

Extract files to your desktop or wherever

Have the ultimaker connected to USB and don't have RepG running

In the Marlin folder you've just extracted, double click on 'upload.bat'

Type in 'COM4' or whatever your Port is and enter

It should upload to UM and say it all went OK.

Try RepG again.

I'm using RepG35 on Win7 64Bit and Upload Marlin this way.

Good Luck :)