Is there a limit to the UM2 firmware, with respect to the heated printing plate?

mnis

Posted · Is there a limit to the UM2 firmware, with respect to the heated printing plate?

Is there a limit to the UM 2 firmware, with respect to the printing plate?

I had never been needed, and I will never need probably because I only use PLA. But a test of the printing plate showed me that more than 98 degrees can not be achieved. My UM2 is older than a year, but that should have no influence on the heating performance, or is it?

Posted · Is there a limit to the UM2 firmware, with respect to the heated printing plate?

it should not.. perhaps you have an old heating plate i can't speak for those, but i have 2 UM2's running with the new plate (with the big black connector on the bottom) and they can both achieve 110 degrees celsius..

• Like 1

It also depends on your location; If there is a lot of draft or cold room temperature, your bed won't reach the highest possible temperature.

MCguyvering a enclosure with cardboard already helps quite a bit.

• Like 1

There is a maximum temperature set in Marlin:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2Marlin/blob/master/Marlin/Configuration.h#L169

#define BED_MAXTEMP 200

However, the bed will not reach more than about 100-110 C easily, unless you build a housing for the printer.

I have a fairly old UM2 and it can reach about 100 C if the room where I keep it is 20 C.

• Like 1