Ultimaker 2 optimisation for symmetric single nozzle cooling?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 optimisation for symmetric single nozzle cooling?

I received the Ultimaker 2 Extended and have spent a week continuous printing and tweaking settings.

I am convinced the right hand side of prints is much worse due to the offset distance to the cooling fan.

Since Ultimaker recently announced dual extrusion will not come to UM2, my empty nozzle hole is looking very redundant, and think print quality is suffering with PLA un-necessarily.

Are there parts to make the print head symmetric and optimised for its destined function of single nozzle extrusion?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker 2 optimisation for symmetric single nozzle cooling?

Me and others asked the same in the thread where the announcement was made that dual extrusion on the um will never happen. @sandervG said um would look at it....

Me and others asked the same in the thread where the announcement was made that dual extrusion on the um will never happen. @sandervG said um would look at it....

I think this is maybe something where a community solution will be much faster...

• 1 month later...

I think this is maybe something where a community solution will be much faster...

While I think we have a responsibility in this, I must agree I think a community solution would be faster. Hopefully we will make a move in this as well.

The design is one thing, but I don't have any metal bending equipment ... and I think it should be metal ... I think this could be a nice job for an Ultimaker intern ;) I assume you guys have the metal works equipment in-house

While we're at it, let's start a requirements list;

- metal

- light weight

- symmetrical airflow

- oval mounting holes for slight up/down adjustment (olsson block)

- bolt/nut fan mounting (the current screws are horrible and often cause vibration noise)

-

-

-