Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

dspy8083

Member
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. I love my Ultimaker 3E and I print mostly abrasive materials (Nylon CF). I have been happily running a Mosaic 1.75mm conversion kit in my #1 Extruder, stock 2.85mm in #2. Due to the abrasive materials I sent with dual Solex Hardcore AA and BB print cores using their ruby nozzles. Problem is, after about a year of use one print core I got a broken plastic body, the other a broken heat break. I have sent many emails and made many phone calls seeking to BUY replacement parts. No success and I don’t know what the status of their business is; TERRIBLE.
  2. In the printer settings it allows you to adjust the e steps per mm. I changed it back to 1600 and went back to the original Extruder. Using the: The only relevant places are the JSON-files in /usr/share/griffin/griffin and the "override file" in /var/lib/griffin (if present). 9066.json belongs to the UM3 and 9511.json to the UM3 extended - both inherit the default steps from um3.json. i was able to change some configuration lines but the e step alteration was not an option. Do you believe I ran into this problem because mine printer is a
  3. I am still having problems. I have successfully installed the firmware from Bondtech into my UM3+. I am still having massive over extrusion. I have in Cura reduced the e step setting to 311 and I am getting very poor print quality. It seems that the firmware only helps the initial load filament however prints are not going well at all. The other issue is the factory extruder motor seems to be struggling. I have the tension feed just tight enough so the filament does not slip.
  4. Thanks a lot! Huge help. It worked right away with only a small problem. I kept getting a 'javaw' pop error. I installed java which I did not have. I followed the bondtech instructions exactly and it worked flawlessly! You are my hero today sir. Starting the first print with the bondtech ddg's now.....
  5. I purchased the DDG Bondtech extruders due to worn out feeder wheels from abrasive material. My issue is I am having difficulty getting in to change the new updated firmware; 5.2.11 that is now installed. I have followed Bondtech's instructions; https://www.bondtech.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Bondtech-DDG-Ultimaker-V2.0.pdf I am on page 10 in this manual and I am successfully connected to my UM3+ printer (in developer mode) and there is no command line associated with my 5.2.11 firmware download. The manual offers to copy and paste one of the command
  6. At the minimal end, you can get layer height inaccuracy if the print head moves up and down due to play. In my case the whole rod fell out mid print!
  7. Notice the screw has adequate clearance during print head's full range of motion.
  8. I print with an enclosure and with pc so it gets a hot build chamber which has promoted my slider block to fatigue, letting loose my X and Y rods. After a second set of failed slider blocks I figured an effective, very easy solution. From the internal boss that holds the spring, I drilled out the internal hole with a 1/16” drill. Then used a very small sheet metal type screw. The head is the mount for a small O ring to suspend the x/y rod! Ensure the screw head does not protrude out too far which could cause interference with machine operation. i
  9. Excellent reply, thank you i appreciate your knowledge. I have made a few discoveries. 1. My CR10S S5 with the ufw marlin; fan will not run until approximately at 19%. Around 15% I could manually spin it and then it would run. I may try a different fan *I have a Meanwell supply turned up to 14v 2. My CR10S PRO; my fault on that as on the touch screen display, the fan was set off 'X'. Both problems solved. Your suggestion to spin the fan prompted me to think turn up the %. Thank you. And Cura, i will never think of cheating on you again!
  10. No luck, still does not work. I will try another slicer.
  11. Hello, I run Cura for my Ultimaker and my two CR10s printers. I have encountered a new problem which I believe to be related to the slicer program. I am seeking to run the part fan at 7% which displays on both my printers as this fan being on, however the fan is OFF! Upon start of print, the part fan runs so I know it is functioning. After the bed leveling stage and once it is about to lay the first layer of the brim, the fan turns off and stays off the entire print. I have even set in the slicer for the fan to turn on at full speed at the initial layer, but is stays OFF.
×
×
  • Create New...