Help configuring a print

g_leopard

Posted (edited) · Help configuring a print

Hi could someone help me to configure a file I have been strugling for many different modeling an configurations of this file(Oh cant find how to upload the code could someone please sugest me a way  please ?)flor.thumb.png.33581dc6de891192a472c55b77ad2e6c.png

its a 30 mm diameter pendant20150524_005741.thumb.jpg.fe27f6ba85ddf56d59ef42cb06ead11c.jpg

these were previous attempts

flor.thumb.png.33581dc6de891192a472c55b77ad2e6c.png

20150524_005741.thumb.jpg.fe27f6ba85ddf56d59ef42cb06ead11c.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Help configuring a print

You could upload the stl file to any hosting service, then post a link to it here. Dropbox for example. If you do please leave the file avaibale on dropbox for at least 5 years so people 5 years from now can learn. The profile settings are text so it's probably best to just paste them into the forum here.

I'm not sure what you want - do you want it like the left one where it has no holes? Or more like the 3rd one? If you want lots of holes then I would turn off brim as that brim is hard to remove from so many holes. If the part lifts off (doesn't stick well) then make sure the bed is at 60C and use a little glue stick and then spread the glue around very thin with a wet tissue or a tissue and a teaspoon of water. You could manually add brim in the cad model potentially just on parts that are lifting (outer edge) but you shouldn't need any brim for this part to stay down.

>Hey here are my two headaches

What? I don't understand the problem. I'm going to have to take wild guesses because you say "here are my two headaches" and then... you don't seem to describe any problems. Are you saying you need advice about wax? I don't think so - your original post doesn't mention that so I'm guessing you just never finished the sentence???

I looked at your STL. It's kind of strange. There are 2 separate parts. One is up in the air with no support - when the printer goes to print that bad things will happen. I don't understand why you don't print the second part down at z=0.

Also when I sliced the part that *is* down on the ground/bed I had issues because you have these 6 points around the outside of the part and they are not connected to anything and so Cura is having trouble. You should connect all that stuff together into one piece.

The printer is extremely accurate and since the cad model says "don't print this as one piece but as hundreds of separate pieces" then the resulting print will be exactly that. And I don't think that's what you wanted. You might want to try the web version of netfabb. It's free and will "fix up" your model - you can pass your model through it and that might be good enough.

• Like 1

Hi! thank you I´ll check that , I´m sorry I didn't explained myself properly it was a little bet and I might be half asleep, I cant get them to print properly, as yo can see on the printed versions, they have bad quality and are no good for me to make all the other stuff to make them in wax , I want to print a smooth version and more accurate

I want to print a smooth version and more accurate

usually my advice is to print cooler and slower. If you want high quality for a print of this small size which can print pretty fast, I would do 0.1mm layers 20mm/sec 200C.

And only if you like the result go down to .06mm layers.

But your models are messed up. Instead of a single solid part your model is hundreds of small parts so close together they are touching but still separate. So you need to somehow fix that first.

• Like 1

thank you very much how can that solid be fixed ?

Did you try the netfabb suggestion? I'd try that first - it might hopefully combine your stuff.

If that doesn't I'm sure meshlab can help. I've never done this before - combine 300 small parts into one solid part - so I'm not sure how to do it. Every cad program is different. For example a lot of the modern cad progrms like solidworks I think have "boolean operations". You could union all those parts into one part using that.

If you only come to visit this list once per month it may take years for you to get answers. Try coming twice per day. And start with netfabb.

• Like 1

hey :)! sorry I was on finals and got sick, you mean the netfabb cloud app?

you mean the netfabb cloud app?

Yes. I haven't tried it but I hear it's extremely easy to run and "fixes" your model for free. I don't know if it will combine your model into one piece or not. meshlab has a ton of features for that kind of thing - maybe if you google something like "meshlab - combine multiple parts into one" or something like that someone will explain how to do it.

thank you I tried to join them in the software I modeled rhinoceros but at the end wont combine all them