extrusion problem

Posted · extrusion problem

hello everibody

I come to you because I need help. I bought a Ultimaker extended printer last month and I think I have a under extrusion problem.

Of the filament exits the nozzle at the beginning I listen a sound as a kind of "tock".

Impressions do not end and there is a problem of adhesion to the buildplate.

I went on this very interesant blog :

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#underextrusion_feederWheel

I clean the buildplate

I ajust the buildplate

I do "atomic metod " and the filament is quite clean

I push the screw feeders at the middle

I clean inside the feeder

Teflon seems to have a normal color

the filament of the settings for PLA :

IMG_0730.thumb.JPG.c4363030a347e578664a468e7a8f9a6b.JPG

IMG_0729.thumb.JPG.9c8f60e38a5a37a7eb3a54c2a916cc14.JPG

After that the problems are the same ....

Ps : sorry for my broken english

IMG_0730.thumb.JPG.c4363030a347e578664a468e7a8f9a6b.JPG

IMG_0729.thumb.JPG.9c8f60e38a5a37a7eb3a54c2a916cc14.JPG

Try slowing it down to like 50mm/s, I had the same problem with Cura but I eventually went to the program Simplify 3D, its much easier for tinkering with settings.

Also on the first layer, set the speed really slow that way it helps the filament to stick to the buildplate, I always have my first layer about half the speed as the rest of my print, as well as the last layer.

The tock may be your filament guide, on the back of you ultimaker there is a screw (your ultimaker came with the allen wrench for it) you can tighten the screw to help grab your filament when printing, i was having the same issue. Its right above the little white plastic square. Once you start to tighten or loosen it will begin to move up or down.

• Like 1

You need to check a few things. First of all, that the bottom layer is pressed tightly on to the bed, which the bed levelling is all about. This is crucial, but you do not have to do it very often. You want to see the lines being printed so that they are flat, not rounded. Of course if your bed is too near the nozzle, the printer will be trying to force out a load of plastic for which there is no space, and you will that knocking sound from the extruder.

So basically, you need to balance the need for a squashed down bottom versus a too tight gap.

Bear in mind that you cannot print most PLA at 200C, 60mm/sec and 0.2mm layer height. That's just too much plastic being forced through the nozzle and the extruder motor will kick back and "tock". So, start off with PLA at 210C, 0.1mm layer height and 15mm/sec for your first layer, 30mm/sec for the rest.

With the bed height adjustment and these speeds, you should be able to dial things in quite nicely.

• Like 1

I push the screw feeders at the middle

For the newer UM2's made in 2014 and 2015 I recommend you make this not-tight. Put the white marker all the way up.

danilius has very good advice about bottom layer. Please post photos if you still have problems with bottom layer.

Probably you are printing too cold/toof ast as danilius also mentions.

Here are top recommended speeds for .2mm layers (twice as fast for .1mm layers):

20mm/sec at 200C

30mm/sec at 210C

40mm/sec at 225C

50mm/sec at 240C

The printer can do double these speeds but with huge difficulty and usually with a loss in part quality due to underextrusion.

thank you to everyone for your reply I will follow your advice.

I will keep you informed of the evolution of my problem

Danilius is an extract of the blog recomandations :

In March of 2014 the spring inside the feeder was changed and the proper setting will therefore differ depending on when you received your printer. For machines from before March of 2014 the indicator should be at the top and for machines after this date the indicator should be in the middle.