How to print

Posted · How to print

hello

I would like the next car will print this car comes from sketchup and got it exported to a STL.

Only this car is not coming from the printer.

Who can explain to me how I should do this?

M.v.g. AndréKnipsel.thumb.PNG.0960a51caddd80d20b0b749ec51feac7.PNG

Knipsel.thumb.PNG.0960a51caddd80d20b0b749ec51feac7.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · How to print

You will have to split this into something like 50 pieces and glue it all together.

Be warned that Sketchup produces very poor quality files for 3D printing. If you have the possibility, switch to Blender or FreeCAD.

Posted · How to print

View the car in "xray mode" in the older cura (from more than 2 days ago) and anything shown in the color red will have trouble print as it is an error in the sketchup model. You have to fix all of those.

Alternatively you can sometimes overcome sketchup errors by checking some of the boxes in "fix horrible".

ALWAYS view the model in slice view before printing to make sure that Cura understands what you want.