got my new olsson block installed

Posted · got my new olsson block installed

i was having issues with under extrusion about 30 minutes in to a print, figured that the new block was touching fan shroud somewhere. So i cut the holes on the fan shroud into slots so i could get a couple mm drop with it and still pinch it with the 4 screws that hold it up. Still did it, but i think ive got a sweeter spot now. Im gettin some issues with stringing and still some spotty under extrusion. I had the material flow 105% and my temp at 220C. This print ran in cura with .42 nozzle setting with actual .4 nozzle. http://imgur.com/a/R1ceY#Zu9ooQJ

got any advice? thanks!

Hi!

heat the head, and carefully screw the steel coupler more down ( to lift the block from the shroud).

Lower printing temp 5 C because the Olsson block has a slightly longer heating chamber than the standard block.

Some colours are worse with stringing than others.

Material flow 100. Only reason to increase it is with woodfill etc.. or for effect when you play with nozzle size etc in cura.

Loosen head assembly screws and "move" fan shroud fractionally to the side so it will not touch the new block.

Good luck!

Why did you set it to .42mm nozzle? That won't do anything if shell is .4mm or .8mm so it doesn't really matter. Although if shell is thick enough it will do strange things.

Print one of the fan shrouds from Youmagine. There are a couple specifically designed for the Olssen block.

Print one of the fan shrouds from Youmagine. There are a couple specifically designed for the Olssen block.

yup, color makes a big difference in stringing. Im using colorfabb orange now and its printing like a charm. I tried printing the fan shroud for the olsson block but first print it ended up sagging below nozzle. put original fan shroud back on being sure their was space around anything being heated. I found i could print at 205C just fine with this orange. I am getting some thin spots in skirts and first layers now, like my bed is warped.