Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jens

I want some z-offset ...

Hi forum, world, everyone,

can I tell cura to start the print not at bed level but, say, a few Millimetre above?

(Man, why would you ever want to do that?! ...because I use some filaments that don't stick to my print bed, not to the glass, not to a sheet of buildtak, not to any kind of glue ... and only once in a full moon, when processed with utmost care, encouraged with nice words even and generally pampered, it might stick to a bonding layer of less-hard-to-please material. I used to fiddle a few centimetres of that bonding material into the bowden tube before the actual material for the print. That procedure is a hassle and, easy it may seem, won't give equally good/bad results. Soooo, I want to pre-print the bonding layer independently and than switch material ...)

Maybe you can add some gcode

You will need to set it in the start g code.

For example:

G1 Z(number here) // moves bed

G92 Z0 // set this position as 0 for z

Not tested but I think that should work?

I pointed you to s3d because it has the option you want. Ofc cura someday will have that too. But to have it 'now' it's your best chance. Also the lastest version added a lot of stuff (that looks like 'inspired' to say the least) that make's it even more cura-friendly. Anyway cura still it's my first choise to print&run. On s3d you must give him a very clean stl and learn how to use the options but when you do, it's worth the money. Specially if you want to do stuff that it's a bit less normal. Like multiprocess, scripting, getting a perfectly clear first layer without scraches. Etcetc

• Like 1