Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
neo-ninja

Atomic pull - Boden tube putting back in issue?

Hey Guys,

I was wanting some advice on the most recent atomic pull I have done.

I struggled to actually do the pull after i reduced the tempt to 90c. I keep finding it looks like the filament is not a perfect smooth cone (like it should be) but is more of a torn cone (like the plastic has been stretch) any ideas?

Secondly i am struggling to get the boden tube fully back in. It goes in almost all the way but wont go the last .5 of a cm (i can tell from the little grip lines on the tube). Any helpful advice?

Thanks!

Hi Neo-ninja,

What kind of Ultimaker do you own?

Could you post some pictures of the filament?

Maybe you are pulling it out while it is slightly too hot, if you are stretching it.

Hard to tell based on a description, pictures are always better! :)

You could try to wiggle the bowden tube in, or use a screwdriver or tweezers to push it in the teflon PTFE coupler.

Did you remove the horse shoe and pushed down on the white clamp before you pulled out the bowden tube?

Edited by Guest

Depending on where it is stuck, if it is on the edge of a PTFE coupler you could use a screwdriver through the front to push it into the right direction.

Have you tried straightening the tube before you put it in?

Did you remove the horse shoe and pushed down on the white clamp before you pulled out the bowden tube?

The bowden tube should be fully detached from the nozzle. So you should not lift be able to move it with the bowden tube.

Depending on where it is stuck, if it is on the edge of a PTFE coupler you could use a screwdriver through the front to push it into the right direction.

Have you tried straightening the tube before you put it in?

The bowden tube should be fully detached from the nozzle. So you should not lift be able to move it with the bowden tube.

Sorry i explained that badly, i mean i found the atomic pull hard to actually pull (the tube was off etc..)

Sometimes 90C isn't quite hot enough. Usually 90-95C is good for PLA but sometimes I have to go up to 110C. It also depends on the nozzle - the default nozzle I can do at 90C but the older e3dv6 nozzles require higher temperature.

I also always do hard and slow such that if I'm stretching the PLA (if it's not quite solid enough) I'll feel that and pause for 4 seconds and then pull some more - these 4 seconds gives the PLA time to get cooler and stronger and not separate from the pla at the tip.