Where can I set Z-offset?

landway

Posted (edited) · Where can I set Z-offset?

Hallo,

I have problem with starting print on UM2 GO. When I start print there is space between nozzle and build plate. About 30mm. When i try adjust this space by screw on Z stop i saw that screw is to short to solve problem.

In another printers what i have i can set Z OFFSET but in this printer i can not find something like this.

Pleas can you help me,

Thanks

Edited by SandervG
  • Like 1

Posted · Where can I set Z-offset?

Hi Landway, what are you trying to print?

It could be that you are trying to print a file which is sliced/prepared for the Ultimaker Original.

Make sure that whatever you are printing is sliced in Cura for your machine.

Change the settings by going to Machine and choose the Ultimaker 2 Go.

Let me know if that solved your problem,

Good morning,

When I unpacked the printer, I tried to make a bad leveling. Printing plate came automatic under nozzle with a gap of about 30 mm, and it can´t adjust the three screws under the plate.

Meanwhile, I have extended the screw on Z switches.

I think it can be solved easily.

Thank you for your time.

When you do the bed leveling wizard. You can rotate the button to make the bed go up and down. Level it up until it's close to the nozzle. Then the next steps tell you to fine tune with a piece of paper

• Like 1

When you do the bed leveling wizard. You can rotate the button to make the bed go up and down. Level it up until it's close to the nozzle. Then the next steps tell you to fine tune with a piece of paper

OK, you are right, but you can´t settle 3cm space between plate and nozzle!

I need to know where I can adjust the distance traveled by the build platform from Z switches to the nozzle.

Because if I start leveling wizard, build plate reaches the nozzle at a distance of only 30 mm. And I need to get at least 5 mm from the nozzle so that I can settle this distance the three buttons.

So far I have solved this by that I extended the bolt which closes the Z switch.

BUT I CAN´T SELL THIS PRINTERS TO CUSTOMERS, BECAUSE IT IS NOT PROFFESIONAL.

This printer is the best from what i saw.

I hope you understand me. For sure, I attach photo.[media=3297][/media]

Hi @Landway,

I am note sure if we are all on the same page.

From my, and I think I can say our understanding, you are stuck in the leveling procedure?

By rotating the knob on the front of your Ultimaker, which you also use to click next, you can move your buildplate aaaaall the way, even to a point where it touches the nozzle.

I am thinking, you are missing this step, and once you rotate the knob and move the bed it will all be fine.

Good luck!

Hi @Landway,

From my, and I think I can say our understanding, you are stuck in the leveling procedure?

By rotating the knob on the front of your Ultimaker, which you also use to click next, you can move your buildplate aaaaall the way, even to a point where it touches the nozzle.

I am thinking, you are missing this step, and once you rotate the knob and move the bed it will all be fine.

Good luck!

Great, that's the information I needed. Thank you very much :)

The problem was mainly in my English.

Thanks again.

@landway, there are several stages to bed levelling.

1) obviously, start the process

2) bed lifts up to roughly 30mm away from the nozzle

3) now you have to turn the dial many times so the bed starts to lift up, this will go quite quickly - this is pretty important in your case

4) press the button to go into rough levelling, the head will move to three spots, so get the nozzle near the nozzle within about 1-2mm and press the button every time

5) then you go into fine adjustment mode, same thing all over again, three button presses and this is where you get the nozzle within 0.1mm of the bed.

Then you are done.

So, make sure you read the manual first, and then read the instructions on the screen and amazingly enough you will find that not only will the Ultimaker raise the bed all the way till the nozzle, but it will be more than adequate for your customers!

Hi @Landway,

Good luck!

Great, that's the information I needed. Thank you very much :)

The problem was mainly in my English.

Thanks again.

By the way where i can get Czech localization? For UM2E and UMGO...

Thank you

Hi Landway,

Sorry, what do you mean by localization?

I think he wants the Ultimaker firmware interface in Czech. Google translate?

Hi Landway,

Sorry, what do you mean by localization?

Sorry I mean menu of UM2 in czech language.

As far as I know there are no plans to translate the interface on the printer to other languages. There are several issues with doing that. Besides, there aren't that many options to keep track of on the printer. Cura and the manuals come in several languages but I'm not sure if Czech is included though (if it's not available you can help by translating the files and Ultimaker will happily include them).