No RepRap Presets in 15.06?

kebnik

Posted (edited) · No RepRap Presets in 15.06?

I recently built a Prusa i3 printer, and downloaded the newest Cura revision. I noticed that in older versions, there was an option during setup to choose "Other (Lulzbot, RepRap, etc...)" rather than ONLY the Ultimaker hardware. I'm pretty new to the whole 3D printing scene, and though I can find parameters for the Prusa using Cura, I am concerned about using a preset for another printer. I just don't want to miss something important when changing certain parameters. I have searched high and low, but since the 15.06 software just released, there doesn't seem to be much community documentation on it.

Until I hear something definitive, I will likely choose one of the Ultimaker options, and approach the printing process with trepidation. ANY help would be amazing.

It should be noted that I am running Cura on Mac OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite.

Edited by Guest

Posted · No RepRap Presets in 15.06?

Why not stick with the (slightly) older version for now?

That's what I ended up doing for now. 15.04 still supports it. It's odd they would completely remove the presets. :) My plan was to download each one, and keep the most recent which still had the presets. My search was short, fortunately. Haha Thanks for the reply!

As said a few times in other topics about the new Cura; All non UM presets are provided by others (companies / community). As the setting system has been completely modified, we have no settings for non-ultimakers. Once someone adds them they will be shipped in the next release.

As said a few times in other topics about the new Cura; All non UM presets are provided by others (companies / community). As the setting system has been completely modified, we have no settings for non-ultimakers. Once someone adds them they will be shipped in the next release.

Would it be possible to get a document or documentation of all the non-integer/float settings values that are possible to be set in the machine profile json files?

Also, will bed shape be reintroduced as a setting?

Edited by Guest

Would it be possible to get a document or documentation of all the non-integer/float settings values that are possible to be set in the machine profile json files?

All the settings that are in the UM files are settings that you can use (and are recognised by the engine). I don't have a easy list, sorry.

Also, will bed shape be reintroduced as a setting?

Probably. We've had more requests for this. A hack is to use disallowed zones.

Someone added a Prusa preset, which has been merged. You can find it on the github.

Thank you so much!

All the settings that are in the UM files are settings that you can use (and are recognised by the engine). I don't have a easy list, sorry.

Sure, the fdmprinter profile has all the possible fields, but doesn't have all the possible values.

Sure, the fdmprinter profile has all the possible fields, but doesn't have all the possible values.

What do you mean by that? The values are the thing that needs to be changed.

Also, someone contributed profiles. You can find them in the github.

Edited by Guest