Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
lassesp2142

Ultimaker Original + Blank Display

Morning everyone!

So, I seem to have run into a slight problem with my UM O+.

It appears that my display is not showing anything. I've managed to accidently start a print, so I know the software is working.

I've followed the instructions as well as I could, but I'm hoping I did a mistake instead of having to get a replacement.

DSC_0030.thumb.jpg.8d1fd47539569ed59dade1854a934bce.jpg

DSC_0032.thumb.jpg.8d90fc7fe9e14c13c223bb3f16fca3c2.jpg

DSC_0035.thumb.jpg.a725e545464804d585efa313b45d9720.jpg

DSC_0034.thumb.jpg.bab912164aa29d793589e9a779e52064.jpg

DSC_0030.thumb.jpg.8d1fd47539569ed59dade1854a934bce.jpg

DSC_0032.thumb.jpg.8d90fc7fe9e14c13c223bb3f16fca3c2.jpg

DSC_0035.thumb.jpg.a725e545464804d585efa313b45d9720.jpg

DSC_0034.thumb.jpg.bab912164aa29d793589e9a779e52064.jpg

Your symptoms are what I would expect if one of the ribbon cables was backwards. Unfortunately I don't know where the red stripe is supposed to go. And how do you know which cable is which?

I have a UMO and a UM2 but the UMO+ has a mixture of equipment from those 2 machines so I'm not sure how the ribbon cable is supposed to go.

also it looks like those 2 cables each have a backwards crimped ribbon - which shouldn't matter as long as you are consistent with the red stripe - but still - strange.

Where in the manual (I have it open) does it say which ribbon connector goes where?

Hi, I know this thread is sort of old, but I just finished putting my umo+ together and I'm having the same issue. Was there a solution to this?

hi,

make sur you have the good firmware (re-upload it with Cura)

the pictures of lassesp2142 look good

Edited by Guest

A bit off topic. It's so great to see 2.1.4 boards with the new UMO+ :O

Great news for better future um2 hotend use =)

Also yea, reupload the firmware, that what's looks like when a board has um2 firmware on the umo+ display.

Also since you are installing your machine. You can get a um2 led strip from any ultimaker distributor, it sticks and fits perfect and works like a charm when you use the Amedee firmware builder https://bultimaker.bulles.eu

And how it looks the leds on umo+ when installing it:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/9607-leds-on-umo-out-of-the-box?page=3#reply-115149

Hi, I know this thread is sort of old, but I just finished putting my umo+ together and I'm having the same issue. Was there a solution to this?

Did you read the post right above yours?  Please supply more information about your problem.  I can't tell you how many times people say "I have the same issue" but they have a completely different issue.

Edited by Guest

Did you read the post right above yours?  Please supply more information about your problem.  I can't tell you how many times people say "I have the same issue" but they have a completely different issue.

Sorry about that. I'll try to be more thorough in the future. I just updated the firmware and it worked like a charm.