Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jsmith24

Help make Skirt print?

Hi all,

I've had my printer, a Printrbot Simple Metal, for about two weeks. It used to print skirts, which I desperately need for the smaller models I print, but now it doesn't. I've read about setting this-or-that setting, but nothing has worked and I'm stumped. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something.

I did re-flash the firmware after I noticed the problem, but no joy. Can anyone help? I'm posting a picture of my config.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

SmithConfig.thumb.jpg.edcaa9f77f82b210e6a1bd72bc8964e1.jpg

SmithConfig.thumb.jpg.edcaa9f77f82b210e6a1bd72bc8964e1.jpg

I think you mean brim - it's on the first page under "support". Brim touches the model. Skirt doesn't. A "skirt" is just something where it goes around the model once to test out the extruder to get things flowing and you can also use it to check and adjust your leveling at this time before it starts your proper parts. But the skirt doesn't touch the model. The Brim does.

You know that you can see instant results to your settings of this kind of thing by looking at layer view, right?

Hi, gr5,

Thanks for the response. First, no, I meant "skirt". I can get the brim to print, but I want to print the skirt to prime the hot end before it even gets close to the model.

How do I find "layer view" in Cura? I'm using 15.04.

Thanks!

Jack