Some questions about the new Cura

jeex

Posted (edited) · Some questions about the new Cura

I use the old and new Cura side by side. Got a few questions on the new Cura, which is beautiful by the way.

1. How / where can i save the print profile? Cannot find it in the menu's.

2. For the old Cura i used the plugin Pause at height. Is there something like that for the new Cura?

I like the concentric bottom/top pattern. Much better result for horizontal surfaces.

Thanks.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · Some questions about the new Cura

Hi jeex,

How / where can i save the print profile?

Assuming that you don't want to copy the json files manually back and forth all the time... there's no way. I hope that's only a temporary state and it comes back soon.

It's a really huge drawback of the recent version that the print settings are not saved along with the gcode. That's the main reason why this version is pretty useless (yet?) - at least for my workflow...

Hopefully there will be a "project managing" plugin some day - but i have no clue if someone is working on it.... @nallath?

Posted (edited) · Some questions about the new Cura

Hopefully there will be a "project managing" plugin some day - but i have no clue if someone is working on it....  @nallath?

@nallath is indeed working on a postprocessing script plugin for the new Cura. He calls it a quick design but it's not too bad. There are just a few details missing which I hope he can add.

But the most important thing concerning the OP is that this plugin already has a PauseAtHeight script...!

Edited by Guest

I have the same issues with the new Cura 15.06.03. Can't find the tweakatZ plugin and is there some kind of auto adjustment for bigger parts? Can i switch it off? With the old Cura, I rotated the bigger parts diagonal on the printbed. Now the parts are down-scaled before I can do something.

It does save a print profile of sorts; it remembers the changes that you made. We are working on 'real' print profiles, i've already created a chunk of the functionality required for that.

The issues dim3nsioneer has with the post processing were already in the plugin, as it uses the same json structure for settings.