Fan shroud hits the right hindmost glass plate clip

iikkuli

Posted (edited) · Fan shroud hits the right hindmost glass plate clip

Hey,

My fan shroud hits the right hindmost glass plate clip and thus interrupting my print. I changed the nozzle a few weeks ago so I'm suspecting the reason might be that the nozzle is too deep in. Can anyone confirm this? I attached a couple of pictures. The other one showing the nozzle tip and the other is taken from collision point.

Thanks in advance.

WP_20150820_07_20_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.1858704f62fa86baaa1057e383b13a00.jpg[/media]

WP_20150820_07_29_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.c22e04487e21c25b4ac3b63d74d98ae0.jpg

WP_20150820_07_20_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.1858704f62fa86baaa1057e383b13a00.jpg

WP_20150820_07_29_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.c22e04487e21c25b4ac3b63d74d98ae0.jpg

Edited by Guest

Yes your nozzle is sitting way 2 high, Should look like this, and have about 1mm gap on the inside from the heater block to the bottom of the fan shroud5a33106ad7275_UM2Nozzle.thumb.png.b055dcc813f33467296c2fc420369a5d.png

5a33106ad7275_UM2Nozzle.thumb.png.b055dcc813f33467296c2fc420369a5d.png

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · Fan shroud hits the right hindmost glass plate clip

To correct just go into the advance menu, heat up the nozzle, and turn the hot-end-isolator by sticking a hex-screwdriver into one of the holes and turn it till you have a gap of 1 mm between the hot-end-isolator (the metal thing with holes) and the PTFE (the white plastic thing).

• Like 1

Thanks labern and ultiarjan, will adjust this today back to normal.

To correct just go into the advance menu, heat up the nozzle, and turn the hot-end-isolator by sticking a hex-screwdriver into one of the holes and turn it till you have a gap of 1 mm between the hot-end-isolator (the metal thing with holes) and the PTFE (the white plastic thing).

I guess this method is only for adjusting the gap between the hot-end-isolator and PTFE? To stick the nozzle properly out I need to disassemble hot-end to get it more outwards?

No, the distance between those two is a result of the nozzle+heaterblock moving up and down by turning that ring.

However, looking at your top picture it already looks like you have a decent space there. But, if I look closely it looks like the ring with the holes in it is not resting on top of the bottom metal plate? It's most likely that the set screw that holds the heater and temperature sensor in has jammed a little bit in its guide hole. The easiest way to fix that is to remove the fan shroud and then grab the nozzle+heaterblock and wiggle it a bit and see if it'll drop down into its proper position.

When you re-attach the fan shroud, make sure that it isn't touching the nozzle. You can also make sure that you push it upwards as much as possible to increase the distance from the print plate a tiny extra amount.

Edited by Guest

But, if I look closely it looks like the ring with the holes in it is not resting on top of the bottom metal plate? It's most likely that the set screw that holds the heater and temperature sensor in has jammed a little bit in its guide hole. The easiest way to fix that is to remove the fan shroud and then grab the nozzle+heaterblock and wiggle it a bit and see if it'll drop down into its proper position.

When you re-attach the fan shroud, make sure that it isn't touching the nozzle. You can also make sure that you push it upwards as much as possible to increase the distance from the print plate a tiny extra amount.

You are quite right, it does seem so that my ring with holes isn't sitting on top of the plate. Didn't see that myself, thanks. I'll try to move it down. Set screw also keeps heater element in place, right? So if I try to loosen it up a bit but not too much thus making it longer and it should get the nozzle more out?

Nope, You keep the screw tight. Its there just to stop the heater block from rotating.

The set screw is meant to slide up and down in the hole of the alloy plate. It may have got stuck on one edge and that's what @IRobertI is saying. If you wriggle the heater block it should come unstuck and move down.

• Like 1

Ah looks like I thought set screw to be something else. Anyways I wiggled the block and it came down closing the gap. And it works beautifully again. Thank you all!

That's great to hear, Have fun printing