Ultimaker 2

xlameee

Posted · Ultimaker 2

That looks like severe underextrusion. Assuming that's the side of your model.

There's many possible causes. What printer do you have UMO? UMO+? UM2? Other?

Did you replace nozzle with another .4mm nozzle or a different size?

It's important that the shell thickness is an exact multiple of the nozzle width - if not you get this kind of thing. This kind of underextrusion is most often caused by printing too cool or too fast - but first - what kind of printer? And secondly what temp, layer height and speed did you print at?

Posted · Ultimaker 2

I'm guessing by the title that you have an Ultimaker 2?

If so can you take a photo of the nozzle assembly so we can see if there is anything wrong with how it was put together? Did you also change the PTFE coupler?

Posted · Ultimaker 2

That strange I just repeated the same test but I dial back the speed to 100% and seems to works great. Probably It was just anomaly. I had similar glitch when I tried to print large object.

Posted · Ultimaker 2

Partial clog?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies