UltiController SD Card slot broken

martin-bienz

Posted · UltiController SD Card slot broken

Hello EverybodyMy UltiController has a broken SD Card slot. If you slide in the card, it pops right out again (so it's not locking in place). I have that issue since quite some time now and my solution until now was, that I created my own ulticontroller case with a sd lock slider :). Have a look:5a33103b8d83e_2015-05-1907_01_34.thumb.jpg.cae0377ac92d3541901f956353614bea.jpgI allways thought that on my next order for a teflon piece I will order a new board (or maybe fix it with a new sd card "holder").My questions:

• Anyone with the same problem?
  • Did you replace the SD Card slot or bought a new UltiController board?
  • Where to buy only the board (igo3d OR ultimaker store has only the kit).
  • other ideas?
  • out of context: how do I add a
    before and after thumbnails?

Thanks.Martin

5a33103b8d83e_2015-05-1907_01_34.thumb.jpg.cae0377ac92d3541901f956353614bea.jpg

If you want to replace it you could also just buy a cheaper ramps full graphics controller like reprapdiscount. They go for 20-30€ and you can print the box (many designs on thingiverse or youmagine).

Search Full Graphic Smart LCD Controller Ramps compatible.

And with @amedee firmware builder it's very easy to activate that:

https://bultimaker.bulles.eu

• Like 1

Hi @Neotko

thanks. I allready have one of those (I forgot to mention that, that's right) and I now how to change marlin to make it work (amedee's firmaware buider is fantastic btw, thanks for that!). I bought the full graphic smart lcd controller for another project... small cnc mill.

But I actually like the "small" footprint of the original UltiController... so if it's doable, I would like to fix it / replace it (also would like to keep my case :)). I might just desolder the SD card slot and replace it...

Best Regards

Martin

Youe case looks good indeed. You clearly know more about this than me. I would just buy a sd extension and make the fit fixed and place the new sd card loader on a cool spot. Also it's a fast way to buy a new connector if you are going to solder it.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old post...

Martin,

Did you ever solve the broken SD card slot problem? My SD card slot just broke on my 1.5 month old UMO+. I like your custom UltiController case, but I'd like to just get my printer working again.

I guess I'm still in the warranty period, so if there isn't an easy fix on YouTube or something, I'll contact support.

Did you ever solve the broken SD card slot problem?  My SD card slot just broke on my 1.5 month old UMO+.  I like your custom UltiController case, but I'd like to just get my printer working again.

Sorry for the late reply. No, I never solved the issue, I worked around and it works for me...

Thanks for the response. I ended up calling support and they sent me a replacement UltiController board. The UMO+ warranty period is one year, so it was no big deal.