Print Quality is Bad at Certain Layers

serdar

Posted · Print Quality is Bad at Certain Layers

Hi,

I am using Ultimaker 2 Extended. It is a new printer and is used just for a couple of test prints yet. And I am having this problem you can see in the attached image.layers.thumb.jpg.080e0df346647c1835dc7f52499d10a4.jpg

The problem is that, the print quality is bad (kind of loose) at some layers. They can happen at any height -sometimes closer to the bed, sometimes more high up. The distortion is always horizontal.

I used PLA for this test print. I tried different settings for print temperature but the problem remains the same.

Any idea on how to solve it? Thanks in advance for any help.

layers.thumb.jpg.080e0df346647c1835dc7f52499d10a4.jpg

Is that the Ultimaker silver filament? we've heard a few people here lately having this filament break easily, there may be a bad batch of this stuff causing a lot of extra tension in the bowden tube..

For sure read the guide Labern is pointing at, but maybe also try another roll of filament.

Yes, it is Ultimaker Silver filament. Then I shall try printing with other filaments too. Thanks for the suggestion ultiarjan.

Thank you Labern for the link. I will go through it and keep here updated if I achieve any progress.

Apparently, it was about the filament. I tried to print the same model using Ultimaker black and pink PLA. Black worked without any problem; and the pink with almost no problem. Thanks again ultiarjan.

• Like 1