CURA Printing Same Part

psneddon

Posted · CURA Printing Same Part

Hello.

I have a strange problem lately. I've been using CURA for a while now with my I3 Rework printer without any issues until recently.

After I print an object ("A") and delete it from the platform I load a new object ("B") on the platform but when I start printing it starts printing the old object ("A") again!

I have to close CURA ans start it up again to print a new object. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance!

What version of Cura? If this is in 15.6.* or newer then this is a total rewrite of Cura and the developers will want to know about this bug and please post it on the github cura issue tracker. (sorry I don't have the address - traveling today)

But if this is 15.4.* or older that project is pretty much over. Also if this is 15.6 or newer I recommend you stick with 15.4 for now as they are still working out bugs with the "newer" cura.

Yes, it's version 15.4

I may try reloading the software and see what happens. I also see they have version 15.4.02 available for download. So if 15.4 doesn't work I'll try the '02 version and see if the problem goes away.

Otherwise, it's quit the program after every print. Not a big bother I guess.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are printing over USB this will be true:

As long as the "print" window is open, Cura will not generate a new gcode, so close the windows and re-open and it will work. Apparently, when opening the window, the current gcode is buffered there.