Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
adam

Can't get ReplicatorG to print

This is for my very first print, I have yet to print anything. After reading through the setup and newcomer guide, and trouble shooting a lot of things, I finally got the program and machine to work correctly, however once I click print for the .5mm wall all the machine does is lower the Z platform 35mm and extrude a string. I'm lost on what the problem is, I'm assuming it's somewhere in the skeinforge, any ideas?

i was actually thinking id needed to use alot of time and energy to make it work.

i plugged the ulti on my pc,

run the first run wizard witch took e 5 minutes.

selected a model, sliced to gcode, pressed print gcode.

it started the prep to print, selected start print, and it started working.

Hi Adam,

Have you tried waiting a little bit?

Is the printhead moving, or is it staying at the home position?

The string it is extruding might be just some oozing because the hot end is being heated.

And i would advice to give Cura a try :)

It's been a long time since I've used replicatorG, I use NetFabb these days... but I believe that it's normal start routine is to lower the Z-azis and extrude a bit of string to clear the nozzle. It will wait for a few seconds, then raise the bed and start printing.... At least that's how I remember it working last time I used it.

Cheers,

Troy.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Last week I tried using Cura and couldn't get past the first run setup, took it over to a friend who is more electronically inclined than me and it worked, no change in what I was doing. I take it back to my house and it doesn't work, again, no change. I ignore it for a week and try again, and it works, no change in what I did. If it is a physical problem, my guess is something's wrong with one of the wires, or the USB cable. However, I'm betting it's just the software.