X-Y Inaccuracy...?

brentwerder

Posted · X-Y Inaccuracy...?

Hey everyone!

After just recieving a bunch of rolls of colorFabb filament for my birthday, I've been printing non-stop for the last week! I'm just starting the Chandelier of Fear project (thing:493016) for Halloween, so that's pretty exciting, too.

But, sadly, with the good comes the bad. After printing the three parts of the Screwed Cube (thing:693892), even though I had tweaked the print settings for each one as I went along, I noticed the same problem on each one: The top-left corner of each one was all messed up. The infill was about half a millimeter away from the shell. I changed a couple more settings like print speed and temperature and printed a new design (a cap for a SodaStream bottle), and the same thing happened - top-left corner had a gap. Again, I changed the settings and printed an arm for the Chandelier of Fear, and the gap actually went all the way through - the shell was at least a millimeter away from the infill.

I gotta say, this one really got me. I have no clue what went wrong other than some X-Y inaccuracy issues.

Here are a couple of print settings I've been using:

Material: colorFabb Black/Silver PLA/PHA

Printer: Ultimaker Original +

Temperature: 225-205 -changed during print, no visible changes

Acceleration: 2000

Print Speed: 40mm/s

Layers: varied from .2mm to .05 - again, no visible changes

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Brent

IMAG1496.thumb.jpg.045fdbe93892b9cd2ed3fda2142adaa8.jpg

IMAG1497.thumb.jpg.045f86d51852acd84cae9e973c09eafe.jpg

IMAG1499.thumb.jpg.d7c7c7b6ee069de1e465cd004e5ae409.jpg

IMAG1500.thumb.jpg.bf6f4d170bd105bdfd692ae753f1447c.jpg

IMAG1501.thumb.jpg.9f06d9e7a10b2e481a11677f4a192670.jpg

IMAG1496.thumb.jpg.045fdbe93892b9cd2ed3fda2142adaa8.jpg

IMAG1497.thumb.jpg.045f86d51852acd84cae9e973c09eafe.jpg

IMAG1499.thumb.jpg.d7c7c7b6ee069de1e465cd004e5ae409.jpg

IMAG1500.thumb.jpg.bf6f4d170bd105bdfd692ae753f1447c.jpg

IMAG1501.thumb.jpg.9f06d9e7a10b2e481a11677f4a192670.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I actually just cleaned out the nozzle using the old acetone/blowtorch method, and that cleared the nozzle out entirely. It might have clogged since then, but I hope not. If I have to, I'll do it again.

Also - I checked out that website and it's awesome! I'll try out some of the suggestions and post the results.

Uh-oh. I printed the next part of the chandelier and the same problem came up. I read every article on the website rigs linked, and tried out a few of the suggestions - nothing changed! Aaah! Any other thoughts on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

-B