New extruder?

neo-ninja

Posted · New extruder?

Hi Guys,

My machine is close to 2000+ hours, and on my old machine where the plastic feeds into the extruder the extruder has worn away im pretty convinced this is causing me a few issues with friction. So im wondering where i can order a new one from.

My second newer machine has a much better design with a small metal ring around the entrance that stops this happening.

Machine is UM2, and im UK based.

Posted · New extruder?

I was a bit nervous about printing that as i had heard a few people saying it wasnt as good etc..

Where do i get all the components from etc?

you can contact support and buy one direct from ultimaker

or you can just print THIS which is much better then the original one and faster to change material etc

Posted · New extruder?

Well look at how many downloads and likes it has. Plus a lot of people here on the forum use it or an adapted version of it. Seeing its so open you don't get plastic build up and its easy to clean. But the fact that you just un-clip it and removed the filament makes it that much better.

It uses all the parts from inside the original feeder so you shouldn't need any extra parts. Maybe one screw to hold the bearing.

Posted · New extruder?

Well look at how many downloads and likes it has. Plus a lot of people here on the forum use it or an adapted version of it. Seeing its so open you don't get plastic build up and its easy to clean. But the fact that you just un-clip it and removed the filament makes it that much better.

It uses all the parts from inside the original feeder so you shouldn't need any extra parts. Maybe one screw to hold the bearing.

Ah ok great! I will give it a blast!

Do you know what screws they are, the heads on mine are getting a bit worn so i might as well buy some new ones.

Posted · New extruder?

M3 i think. not sure on lengths though.

Posted · New extruder?

yeah its M3 but you will need to measure the length.

Posted · New extruder?

Or you could read the instructions on the download page. Just a thought ;)

• Like 1