Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
qmaker

scale to Max

If I scale a model to Max does it actually print to that size? Do I need to scale it down a bit further to account for the nozzle? The preview in Cura shows the blue box, is that the safe zone that accounts for the maximum build and not the actual size of the ultimaker cavity? Sorry for the dumb question, just don't want to assume here and then have the model unable to reach the full height at the end of the print.

On a related note , the stated ultimaker 2 max volume is 23 X 22.5 X 20.5 cm . I imported my design into CURA and the max dimensions actually for x,y was 20.7 x 19.6cm. When I scale to 100%, CURA greyed out the object just like the previous post said. Is there a way to reach the max dimensions for the Ultimaker 2? Is there a way to reach the stated max dimensions without redesigning ? is there a parameter or setting somewhere that will give me the dimensions I designed to?

set the skirt and brim to 0.

Thank you that helped, setting skirt and brim to 0 I was able to get to 225 mm of 230mm in x direction. is there one more parameter that would give me the last 5mm? Thanks again!

look in the machine settings, but beware of the clips and the head hitting the sides, if you change something there.

But did you reach your max. in y yet?

• Like 1

look in the machine settings, but beware of the clips and the head hitting the sides, if you change something there.

But did you reach your max. in y yet?

only reached max on x. I have some lee way still in y before the object "greys out". there are many settings in "machine settings". The information bubbles help alot. However, a more detailed explanation of the settings in a glossary or index setting would really help in terms of how these settings interact with other parameters especially max print size. Thank you very much again.