i Roberts Feeder a Problem

Posted · i Roberts Feeder a Problem

Hi now I have my Olson Block Running I installed the Feeder Design from iRobert(very Nice) but seem to be having a problem, this being its slipping and grinding a notch into the PLA I am using the 37mm Yoke I was going to swap this for the 38m version I am heading in the right way what is the Norm? imm also going to be loading some Brass fill and Flexi PLA soon.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

On the youmagine page https://www.youmagine.com/users/iroberti#!activity there are lots of comments about the yoke and alternatives. Probably you can find help reading that or reading the pages of when it was created by IRobertI https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/5393-ultimaker2-feeder-system-improvements-and-ideas

It's 59 pages of pure old ultimaker forum greatness.

Well this could very well be a temperature issue. The way the Olsson block will perform for a given temperature can be quite different than the standard one, so you might have to raise the temp for the equivalent print to the original block, and then the feeder will perform nicely.

Another possibility is that the spring you have is simply not powerful enough, or you need a shorter yoke to add more pressure.

As you can see by wandering around teh intarwebz, IRobertI's extruder with the Olsson block is simply the most sensible upgrade route one can take at the moment, it is a common combination, so you have done the right thing so no worries there!

• Like 1

Danilius

Thanks for the reply I was going to go from 37mm yoke to 38mm yoke I thought this would of applied more pressure your reply indicates 36mm would apply more pressure, confused.

The Spring is the stock Spring. The temp has been raised to 195 and it print well so I don't have a problem lifting temp. One thing I have just realised while replying I'm using colour fab pla black and we are well down the roll which seems to be very springy could this be causing a lot of friction in the Bowden tube?? Just a thought.