Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Duggy252

Help with CURA / Printing over USB

HI all

I'm new round here and just getting to grips with my Ultimaker 2. I've just setup Octoprint on a raspberry PI and hooked it up to my Ultimaker 2.

It all went really well, however if I take a file slice it in CURA, then upload if for printing it starts to print but the bed does not raise, the filament goes all over and nothing prints.

Am I missing a trick to printing over USB?. Do i need to set the bed height or have CURA export it?.

Thanks

Thanks for the link it was helpful.

I'm running CURA on a mac and there seems to be no way of changing the machine settings?.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/17196-reprap-mode-and-cura-150603-possible

Exporting it for the printer profile ultimaker + seems to be a bit of a work around.

Can I just cut and past the highlighted text in the images with the code on the left?. down to ";type skirt"

5a3312ea9bc0f_ScreenShot2015-10-25at09_55_53.thumb.png.6ccd7fcfac900c96f9647025df104ab5.png

Your ball raced spool holder is very good!

5a3312ea9bc0f_ScreenShot2015-10-25at09_55_53.thumb.png.6ccd7fcfac900c96f9647025df104ab5.png

In the old but latest and stable cura (up to 15.04) there's a machine settings menu. In the new and still beta versions there's is no gui for this jet, but you can alter settings in the .json file in the installation folder (I'm not on a mac but assume it's the same on mac).