Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
swq0603

Can ultimaker2 print this type of model?

Today I try printing a bridge which is very complex. In this bridge, I add many supports. Also some parts are too thin. So I am not sure how to print this type of model by ultimaker2. I also want to print a Eiffel Tower, but I am afraid the final model will not be satisfied, for there are too many thin parts in it. How to set the parameters of cura if I want to print it? Thank you!IMG_1992.thumb.JPG.728d7ef44bf89359e6420649d8076044.JPG

IMG_1992.thumb.JPG.728d7ef44bf89359e6420649d8076044.JPG

printing all at once is not recemmended, and small scale will need a lot of practice and experience, but generally tiny detailed stuff is much better if you just print in parts. Tiny geometric stuff is better suited to the resin printers. Everything else is fine with the UM2 and far cheaper, like over 100 times cheaper.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!