Um2Go bearings?

peggyb

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

Does the UM2go also suffer from faulty bearings?

I get this under extruded layer almost every time at the same spot. If I move the platform by hand, at a certain point you can hear a light gritty sound, as if there is sand in the bearings. When I put the failed prints on the platform the position of the nozzle matches the failed spots.

5a33150b40763_2015-12-1312_28_13.thumb.jpg.36076acd438b91f79a42b88bd8e3b383.jpg

5a33150b40763_2015-12-1312_28_13.thumb.jpg.36076acd438b91f79a42b88bd8e3b383.jpg

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

The thing is brand-new. Right out of the box, these ridges were there from the start.

There is some blue lubricant on the rods and the threaded rod is greased (factory).

How do I get the rods out? from the top? Is this wise to do?

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

You could use a cloth to clean the threaded rod to remove any dirt that might be in between the threads. By applying the grease and moving it up and down manually a couple of times it should be good.

by the way, do you also feel an edge or friction when moving it up or down manually?

The thicker rods left and right shouldn't need any lubricant, that is why I asked.

Lubricant could even make it tougher to move.

Looking at your prints, I do see what you mean on the 3 left figurines, but on the 2 on the right I don't see the layer.

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

on the right ones the ridge is a bit higher in the hair, but also around the same spot. the yellow one was to try another filament and rotated 90 degrees.

I did not add any lubricant but there is a blue residue of grease.

I cleaned the rods but this gritty feeling remains at the same spot

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

Sounds like quite a common problem. Wipe the two Z pillars to remove any grease or oil. Try powering the build plate up and down a few times and listen for any hold up. Wipe the pillars again, it's best to have them completely oil free.

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

doing some test prints now. They look already better :)

The gritty feeling/noise is still there, so it feels like a time bomb, hopefully it will not go off...

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

If it is the thread at fault, moving it up and down should gradually smooth out the imperfection. Is there anything visible at all?

Repeated cleaning the pillars will remove any excess grease and help the ball bearings roll as they should.

doing some test prints now. They look already better  :)

The gritty feeling/noise is still there, so it feels like a time bomb, hopefully it will not go off...

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

Good tip! I will clean the rods regularly. Prints look good now.

Next problem: right fan makes so much noise when it is more then 80% on.....

Posted · Um2Go bearings?

Print laberns fan holder.. improved print quality and less noise as a bonus.