STL files for UM2 print head

JohnFox

Posted · STL files for UM2 print head

And if you want to modify the .step, Design Spark Mechanical is a nice and easy option, though it loads .step file by default as "locked" you can unlock them with a simple trick;

* import your step design in DSMech

* create a new solid (a cylinder for ex.)

* right-click on the top-most assembly name in the tree

* unlock

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/page/mechanical

• Like 1

Found the files and downloaded FreeCAD, thanks.

How do I download the STEP file, when I try to download it, it appears as an .html file. I can view it as a RAW file which looks like text. Not sure what to try.

thanks

No STL, but the STEP files are published here.

You should be able to convert it to STL, if in doubt you can use FreeCAD for this job.

Posted (edited) · STL files for UM2 print head

Found the files and downloaded FreeCAD, thanks.

How do I download the STEP file, when I try to download it, it appears as an .html file. I can view it as a RAW file which looks like text. Not sure what to try.

Yep. STEP is a text format. Just save the raw file as "1320-B2P-B.STEP"

...or for example in firefox: right click on the "RAW" button and choose "Save target as..."

...or download the whole archive as a zip file - and keep it for the next time...

Edited by Guest

Thank you folks - got it!

Copied the file as text, saved as a .txt file, renamed to .step, opened in FreeCad, exported as .stl. Opened in Cura exported as .gcode. Easy - not! ;-)

For some reason I couldn't download as a zip or do a 'save target as'. Anyway I got there in the end.

think the zip download only works on the level of the comlete ultimaker2 folder

An excellent alternative to FreeCAD is Onshape, which is a really powerful, web-based 3D CAD system. They offer free and paid accounts, but I've found their free account to be pretty amazing.