emcodes

Original+ drive nut - Missing? Wrong? Design changed?

Posted · Original+ drive nut - Missing? Wrong? Design changed?

I'm trying to put together an Original+ that I just received (mostly consulting the Original+ Assembly pdf, and the wiki assembly instructions at some stages). I can't find the Z drive nut for the heated bed pictured in either the Original+ Assembly pdf or the Heated Bed Assembly pdf, only the squashed tube pictured in the wiki, for which the Original+ kit doesn't seem to have any of the wooden housing parts.

Has the design changed in some way (if so, are up to date instructions available?) or am I simply missing a part (if so, what exactly are the specs of this part, should I be able to acquire a replacement myself or will I have to get it directly from the supplier)?

Posted (edited) · Original+ drive nut - Missing? Wrong? Design changed?

On my 3 umo+ the z drive nut was always with the z motor, inserted on the long screw. If you don't have it there I would contact your shop. Or support.ultimaker.com

On umo+ you need this z nut

daad040646_41xgUzmq1-L.jpg

Edited by Guest

I have found the manual lacking in several ways, here's a link that will give you more references to look at.

FYI - I've updated my annotated to V2.3

Link to hand scribble corrected UMO+ assembly manual v2.0 (Unofficial V2.3)

link here to 2.3 updated 8-23-15

Seems the Z motor setup has changed in a number of ways - the screw I had was much thicker than that used in the Original+, for instance.

Got a new Z-motor/screw and lead nut from the seller and moved on to progressively more frustrating issues.

hang in there. I'm really happy with mine. Once you're past the frustration of emailing support, I hope you'll feel the same.