If you had bought a UT2 last week, would you sent it back ?

Edel

Posted · If you had bought a UT2 last week, would you sent it back ?

Hi Textronics, thank you for your post.

If you are experiencing difficulties with your feeder, it could be that this can be prevented by optimizing your print profile.

You could start a new topic here with your print profile and description of your workflow and I'm sure we can help you so you can have more of a pleasant experience with your Ultimaker 2.

• Like 1

I own 2x U2+ and 2x U2E+ and we couldn't be happier (we use them for our 3D Design/Printing business). I would be pretty pissed off if i would have purchases 4 printers to have them outdated a week or so after!

Luckily in many countries you are protected from issues like that. Some place its 10 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, and you can return the product (some states in the US, they have to let you now if there's a new model coming out and/or a sale coming, all within 30 days of your time of purchase, if they don't, its a valid reason for a return). It also depends of where you bought it and store policies when there's no regional policies on the topic.

A place like ADAFRUIT would never see my business with policies like they have. Plenty of other businesses with proper store policies that i'm more than willing to throw money at.

Honestly, if I was to buy another printer, I would get a um2 not a plus (definitely if it was discounted!), but I have my reasons. the majority of people had issues with the feeder including myself early on but once you understand what causes it the issue is gone, I now love that crappy feeder. I absolutely loved my first um2 and my second before I started messing with it. its ok now, but I regret messing with it so much and wish I could take it back to factoty default. my only real annoyance on the um2 are the retarded metal clips holding the glass plate. whoever created that part and thought it was ok for people to easily open and close, is crazier than I am, a complete lunatic!

On the discounted ones I agree... but besides that I like the new 2+ feeder, I can now use the last bits of the spool with no issue....

Also I'm now back to the original plastic spoolholder i.s.o. the low friqtion one with bearings, which caused some spools to spontaniously unwinde making a mess... sometimes a bit of friction is a good thing...

I think the original UM2 needed messing with it, I never understood people who stayed with the original feeder.

Posted (edited) · If you had bought a UT2 last week, would you sent it back ?

Lol, the feeder drove me to near insanity many times, i chuckle to myself just thinking about the times i freaked out into cursing rants at the damn thing. I like the sound of the new feeder and the way you can easily put new filament in, but ill wait for somethingto give before i even consider an upgrade, it wont benefit me much. Im sure the better pfte and fans are great, but for what i do the um2 is ideal, and now ive mastered it (with colorfabb PLA that is), i doubt i will see much improvement for the money ill need to spend 'upgrading it'.

Im now only interested in the ruby nozzle as vibration is my main issue and it appears to greatly reduce it. If i could buy one i would. Its my holy grail. I need to pm few people about it, but ive been a bit crazy on this forum so im not sure id get anywhere with some folks but ill give it a shot anyways. if anyone has one i could purchase i would be grateful.

Edited by Guest

UM2+ new feeder is enough to justify buying it, it simply works. I have put PLA, ABS, wood/metal/flexible PLA rolls through it and it just works.

Lol, i only use PLA but even after everything ive said my last post, im thinking of actually getting one. Im getting a lot of split prints recently when printing normally and wondering if it is the feeder not putting out enough filament in normal mode as overextruding usually is fine on my prints. Ill do more testing but i still want that nozzle.

The nozzle it's still on beta. Drop a msg to anders or write on this post

it's looking like a million dollars :)

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/nozzle-ring-box

• Like 1

OMG you just made me want it sooo much more! after ive finished my job for the day, im going to mr. anders to beg....with money.

Edited by Guest

OMG you just made me want it sooo much more! after ive finished my job for the day, im going to mr. anders to beg....with money.

I think if you beg with lots of print tests with comparison shoots that will work better for the beta :D

Id be more than happy to provide comparisons and as many close up photos as requested for any beta testing, as my main concern from the very start was to aim to create the smoothest surfaces that i possibly could. This would save me the need of overcompensating for vibration with the amounts of acetone and other techniques i use to smooth my surfaces. this nozzle would enable me to print faster with less surface patterning. Ive just gotta finish this thing im working on and then im off to beg...

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1