top surface has a weave/ cross hatching appearance

dvdmcd

Posted · top surface has a weave/ cross hatching appearance

Top surface has a weave/ cross hatching appearance.

I have been printing for about a year now on these settings. It has been going great; however for no apparent reason the top surfaces now has a distinct cross hatching finish. On thinner prints you can see light through the piece. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this would be very helpful.

Thanks

20160115_154846.thumb.jpg.9502d4a05e114eb1488b0117a18c7f88.jpg[/media]

20160115_154846.thumb.jpg.9502d4a05e114eb1488b0117a18c7f88.jpg

• Like 1

Hi dvdmcd, you are not getting 100% coverage from the filament being extruded, it could be that there is a partial blockage in your nozzle, have you tried the automic pull cleaning method?, also are you still running the origional print head or an Olsson print head? If your running the Olsson block I would try replacing the nozzle. Alternately you may need to increase temperature and flow rate a little.

Hi dvdmcd, you are not getting 100% coverage from the filament being extruded, it could be that there is a partial blockage in your nozzle, have you tried the automic pull cleaning method?, also are you still running the origional print head or an Olsson print head? If your running the Olsson block I would try replacing the nozzle. Alternately you may need to increase temperature and flow rate a little.

thanks for the reply izzy, I'm still using the original nozzle ill look into upgrading it however, i cleaned it using the pull method to no effect, also i tuned up the heat, again no difference. I'll try the flow rate and heat together, also since the first layer prints normally could it have something to do with the z axis moving down to far on each increment? thanks again for

your help!

I would recommend the Olsson block upgrade and to a 35w heater to everybody, if you also get a temperature sensor as well if you have any problems removing the old ones you are covered. You will notice the difference, that along with Roberts Feeder are the 1st two upgrades I'd recommend to everyone

hi dvdmcd, turning up the temp and particular flow will get you nowhere in reality. If you start going away from your normal setting you might get a better result but you are probably hiding a problem which will come back to bite you. You need post relative settings for questions like these otherwise we are guessing in the dark.

Can you please tell us. Layer thickness; print speed; infill %; infill print speed;extruder temp; bottom/top thickness; top/bottom speed(0.0?).

Also you commented that 1st layer was fine but are you saying that 2nd layer was not good, and all the layers after that?

Have you printed that particular piece successfully previously?

Is the height of the walls around the circle in the middle the same height of the perimeter walls of the entire piece?

Neither of those walls seem to be under-extruded to me, but without settings info it is difficult to draw conclusions.

Also difficult from that photo to fully understand but is the vertical wall running around the outside OK ? it looks bit dodgy to me from that angle, which is almost invisible :)