Olsson block nozzle problems

amont

Posted (edited) · Olsson block nozzle problems

Having fitted a new nozzle to my Olsson block last week the printer under extruded.

I fitted the original one again and it printed OK.

Suspicious, I have tried to pass 0.3 micro drill through the new nozzle and it will not go.

I believe these spare nozzles (which I bought last June) are 0.25 and not the 0.4 I ordered.

I am going to attempt to drill them out.

Others have posted about under extrusion with the Olsson block and I believe they should check this possibility.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Olsson block nozzle problems

I had this problem with a 0.25mm nozzle until i realised that not just changing the nozzle size on cura was essential , but using a higher flow rate to build pressure. this takes some tinkering.

Anyone else found this or just me?

Just you :)

using the 0.25mm nozzle takes time to get used to. You need to increase speed or drop temp a bit.

But it seems amont has a issue of being supplied the wrong sized nozzles.

There is one dot on the nozzle.

Since my original post I have found another thread https://ultimaker.com/en/community/8689-custom-heater-block-to-fit-e3d-nozzle-on-ultimaker-2-the-olsson-block page 30 which refers to considerable confusion regarding the nozzle markings and the fact that some wrong sizes were sent out.

I must be the recipient of some of that batch.

1 dot should be 0.40mm where and when did you buy it?

I bought the nozzles in June from direct from 3dSolex.

I have bought more nozzles from the UK agent which arrived yesterday, and the same micro drill will pass through them. They do of course have 0.4 marked on them.