UM2 Z-axis modification

Posted (edited) · UM2 Z-axis modification

Hello,

I need some help on a issue regarding z-axis, my original UM 2 z-axis motor not working properly anymore.

I have an original UMO motor+ z-axis lead screw and i want to use as a replacement .

And the question is , do i have to modify the firmware for this to work? and where.

If anybody made a modification about this, i apreciated some help. Original UM2 z lead screw is 10 mm with 4 start screw (i believe), and the UMO has 12 mm  1 or 2 start lead screw  and i dont know anything about the pitch or so.

Below picture with modification i need, i measure earlyer the UMO 12 mm Lead screw travel 3 mm per revolution instead of UM2 type lead screw wich travel 8 mm per revolution.

Thank You

Sergiu

5a33177d4a74a_WP_20160201_15_14_30_Raw_LI1.thumb.jpg.e2cae5e665a959a9335ce337b6105bed.jpg

5a33177d4a74a_WP_20160201_15_14_30_Raw_LI1.thumb.jpg.e2cae5e665a959a9335ce337b6105bed.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM2 Z-axis modification

I believe i found the settings:

In configuration.h

// #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80.0,80.0,200,282} // default steps per unit for ultimaker2 (for 8 mm rods)

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80.0,80.0,200.0*8/3,282} // default steps per unit for ultimaker2 (for 12 mm rods)

Testing tomorrow