UM2 Stuck axis!

Ehanna4

Posted · UM2 Stuck axis!

Hi,

Today while using my Ultimaker 2, i received the "x or y axis broken message. I had just started a print and at the start of the second layer, the machine started to malfunction, not being able to move in the x direction. After being stuck for a few seconds it moved fine in the y direction, then got stuck again, and gave the error message.

I then powered off the machine and attempted to move the nozzle and found that it is really had to move the nozzel in the x direction. The y direction is easier, but not as fluid as it should be.

My conclusion of the problem is the lubricant that i used about 1 week ago on the rods. I used "Shredder Lubricant" its says that it is bio-degradable and that it is a vegetable-based oil. It is liquidy, with a slight yellow tint. Here is a link to the product. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/285661/Shredder-Oil-4-Oz/

After searching online, i didn't find anything that said this lubricant could be a problem, so i gave it a try. Unfortunately today i am noticing that the rods no longer feel very lubricated as well as have a somewhat sticky residue on the outer edges of the rods. Im guessing that this residue got inside of the print head and that is what is causing it to get stuck.

Thats my guess, but i could definitely be wrong. I would like some assistance on how i can fix this problem.

Please Help!

Thank you,

Elizabeth Hanna

Posted · UM2 Stuck axis!

Did you clean the rods and do they move again?

A thin oil like bicycle/sowing machine oil should work fine, Apply the oil, move the head around in all directions and remove the left over oil, especially if this turns black.

Posted · UM2 Stuck axis!

You need to use really thin oil like sewing machine oil or 3 in one oil

To get it free and moving again the best method is to wet a cloth in the sewing machine oil and wipe the shafts. move the head around and repeat. The new oil on the cloth will soften and help remove the old oil and will re-lube it at the same time. Just keep changing to a clean piece of cloth every time you wipe it.

• Like 1