I CAN'T PRINT IN 0.2 LAYER,WHY??HELP ME PLEASE

Posted · I CAN'T PRINT IN 0.2 LAYER,WHY??HELP ME PLEASE

HI, I HAVE AN UM2 BUT IT'S ABOUT 3 MONTHS THAT I CAN PRINT ONLY IN 0.1, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NOT ABLE TO PRINT IN 0.2. I HAVE ALSO CHANGED MORE AND MORE TIMES PTFE...

CAN YOU TELL ME YOUR OPINION?THANKS

What temp and speeds are you trying to print with?

What is the result of your current attempts?

Remember that it's try to push twice the amount of plastic through the nozzle as a 0.1mm layer so you need to print slower of hotter or both.

Posted (edited) · I CAN'T PRINT IN 0.2 LAYER,WHY??HELP ME PLEASE

I PRINT WITH THE PARAMETERS OF THE PHOTO, DO YOU SEE SOMETHING STRANGE?(PS:NOW IT IS SETTED FOR A 0.6 EXTRUDER WITH OLSSON BLOCK) 5a33198b87eff_Schermata2016-02-24alle18_03_42.thumb.png.3294ebb84a68c7ea3f8f5f5bfdaf617e.png[/media][/media][/media]

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?THANKS

5a33198b87eff_Schermata2016-02-24alle18_03_42.thumb.png.3294ebb84a68c7ea3f8f5f5bfdaf617e.png

Edited by Guest

You initial layer thickness should be about 0.3 not 0.0

That travel speed is really low. should be about 200mm/s

What temps and print speed are you using?

And photo of the print?

oh yes sorry, but it's a month that i've been printing in 0.1 so i have no bad prints to show, in next days i will print something in 02 in order to show it to you. ps:the temperature is 210.

It would really help if you post a photo of your result and mention the printing temperature you used.

50mm x 0.2 layer x 0.6 nozzle = 6mm3 , thats 3 times the output volume compared to printing with the standard 0.4 at 0.1 layers. I would try going up to at least 220 celsius, maybe more.

there is no "best" temperature, it depends on what you want to achieve. For a strong mechanical part go a bit hotter (=better layer bonding) for a display piece you may want to stay a bit colder, but looking at the fact you use 0.6 + 0.2 layers it's probably not a display piece.

Try printing at 220 or 230

Do youmean to cut off 84mm from the bottom of your print? If your model is shorter than 84mm you will not print anything even if you temp. is 300!!!!!

It looks like it still has 6 hours print time so must be a big model

yes i have cut it, but the problem is not the cut, the fact that doesn't print in 02 happens with avery model

Do youmean to cut off 84mm from the bottom of your print? If your model is shorter than 84mm you will not print anything even if you temp. is 300!!!!!

but also with pla?

50mm x 0.2 layer x 0.6 nozzle = 6mm3 , thats 3 times the output volume compared to printing with the standard 0.4 at 0.1 layers.  I would try going up to at least 220 celsius, maybe more.

there is no "best" temperature, it depends on what you want to achieve. For a strong mechanical part go a bit hotter (=better layer bonding) for a display piece you may want to stay a bit colder, but looking at the fact you use 0.6 + 0.2 layers it's probably not a display piece.

but also with pla?

50mm x 0.2 layer x 0.6 nozzle = 6mm3 , thats 3 times the output volume compared to printing with the standard 0.4 at 0.1 layers.  I would try going up to at least 220 celsius, maybe more.

Yes.