Has anyone had success searching for an article on the forums?

DrTech

Posted · Has anyone had success searching for an article on the forums?

I have been having problems with my 2 week old Ultimaker 2 Extended + printer and when I closely examined the gears on the stepper motor shafts it looks like the set screws are missing. I did a search for "missing set screws" on the forum and I found there were 13,636 threads results for "missing set screws". However, none of the first 10 results I looked at had anything to do with set screws. I then did a search for another topic and found there were also 13,636 results for that topic, and the next topic.

Can anyone tell me how to actually get meaningful search results on the forum?

Posted (edited) · Has anyone had success searching for an article on the forums?

About the actual issue, first check if a set screw really is missing... if so look in your machine if you can find it somewhere. A set screw can get loose, but it actually falling out during transport  would surprise me.

If the screw is just loos tighten it with the supplied Allan wrench (although I use a torx screwdriver myself mostly)  and really really really tighten it..... but be careful not to damage it (yeah thats a difficult combination...)  If u use the allan key it should really be so tight it will flex a bit.

Edited by Guest

For any programmer to think they can do better than google is hubris. There is no better search. I've never even tried any search on the ultimaker site. Never. Why bother? If google only does one thing amazingly well, amazingly fast, amazingly relevant it's this: search. Plus it's built right into all web browsers now. Just click slightly higher on your browser.

Google does amazingly well at other things like maps but search? Ha! You have to be an idiot to think you can beat google. A typical search uses 1000 computers. They are improving the algorithms even today. They hire the most billiant people. All right. Sorry.

Thank you all for your responses. Tonight I tore down my printer so I could actually get to the gears on the stepper motors. Both set screws holding the gear onto the X and Y stepper motor shafts had completely fallen out. My best guess is that they were way too loose when the unit was assembled. The printer worked fine for about the first 4 days that I had it then it started giving me leaning prints and sometimes they would abruptly shift about 1/2 inch midway through the print.

Anyway, after inserting the set screws and torquing them as tight as I could with the allen wrench that came with my printer, the printer is now working fine.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my question.

For any programmer to think they can do better than google is hubris.  There is no better search.  I've never even tried any search on the ultimaker site.  Never.  Why bother?  If google only does one thing amazingly well, amazingly fast, amazingly relevant it's this: search.  Plus it's built right into all web browsers now.  Just click slightly higher on your browser.

Google does amazingly well at other things like maps but search?  Ha!  You have to be an idiot to think you can beat google.  A typical search uses 1000 computers.  They are improving the algorithms even today.  They hire the most billiant people.  All right.  Sorry.  

Hope you did not actually tare it down but just loosend the motor screws ......

• Like 1