First Print

phanc60844

I've just loaded the test cube, used all of the default values and set the temp to 215 degc and its perfect! No slipping , squewing , odd noises or anything, only a 20mm cube and the smell of melting plastic. Am I just lucky or is this the way it generally is? :)

Paul

UK England

You're just good at following instructions =) (After seeing 18 machines build, some running perfectly, some requiring a lot of tweaking afterwards, I noticed that all the machines with problems had been assembled wrong)

Posted · First Print

I've just had a few issues but I think they are plastic related rather than machine. I tried a cup off thingyverse but it was ripped off the bed after 2 layers. A reset on the bed level/z home and slowing the print speed for the first 5 layers sorted that, then I've been slowly cranking up the speed. How fast can you go? at 130% at the mo

Paul

UK England

If you are pinging stuff off the table, you are probably extruding just a little bit too much. Which roughens

up your top layer and makes the tip of the nozzle scrape across the surface. Try just a litte bit less.

So perhaps knock off 20 from the "steps per e" value (I assume you are using Cura ?)

I would advice to insert the right diameter of your filament in your slicer before changing your E steps.

Also make sure your first layer is pressed in the tape (slightly) so your print has full grip.

130% depends on how fast you set the Ultimaker to print in your slicer.

Posted · First Print

I've not measured the filament yet so I'm using the default 2.89mm setting. I've borrowed a vernier from work today so that i can set it up correctly when I get home.

Paul

UK England